We have a few simple rules and tips for riding the bus.
- Pick your destination.
- Review the schedule to find the closest bus stop. Click Here!
- Walk to your bus stop location.
- Please have your fare card, monthly pass, or exact change ready when you get on the bus.
- If you need to set up a Demand Response service or an Off-Route pickup, call our dispatcher at 304-263-0876. You should call the day before your trip by the close of business.
- Our driver will pick you up and drop you off at your desired stop.
- Be ready early. We recommend that riders get to their stop 10 minutes early.
- Please have exact change- Drivers cannot make change. Have your fare card or Half-Fare card ready when you board the bus.
- No eating, drinking, vaping or tobacco products allowed on the buses.
- We do not allow any open containers of alcohol on EPTA Buses.
- Please remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Seat belts must be worn at all times.
- Service animals are allowed on all EPTA buses.
EPTA Rider Policy:
Eastern Panhandle Transit Authority is a public transit provider and passengers are expected to act appropriately when using EPTA system. Passengers who display any of the following actions will be suspended from EPTA. These actions include, but are not limited to:
- Physical or verbal abuse of a driver or another passenger
- Vulgar Acts
- Smoking, use of tobacco products or vaping
- Non-payment of the fare
A suspension may result if a passenger violates any safety policy. This may result in an immediate suspension.
Appeal of suspension
Suspensions may be appealed in writing or in person by appointment only. Appeals shall be overturned only if the information that the suspension is based upon is incorrect. A suspension may not be overturned because it causes a hardship for the passenger. All decisions will be made in writing and a copy placed in the passenger’s file.
- 1st violation will result in a one-week suspension from the service.
- 2nd violation will result in a two-week suspension from the service.
- 3rd violation will result in a one-month suspension from the service.
- If violation(s) is/are repeated, riding privileges may be revoked indefinitely.
- Vulgar and/or violent acts could result in revocation of rider privileges
Please ask the driver if you have any questions. We are here to help you! EPTA is Committed to Safety, Courtesy. and Reliability.